Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer Soulstice

SOULSTICE. It's all that is on my mind. I'm promoting like crazy and planning like crazy. There is so much responsibility involved with this trip, and I feel such a heavy burden of all that needs to be done and the mandatory-ness of 100 kids at Soulstice. I am so overwhelmed, and at times I feel so alone in this. But I know I am not alone - not only do I have an amazing team and leaders and staff who are competent to help me but I also have God who apparently has called me for this. Tonight as I began my nightly cry because of this looming weight, worry, and fear I thought I am so young. I am 21 and yet I am responsible for so much. I feel like I know nothing and I'm not strong enough to handle this, and yet I am reminded from Sunday's message in church that when God calls people, He calls the weak, the sinners, the broken-hearted because He works through them and His power shines through them. So I am just waiting to be used and stretched and I'm relying on the strength of God. I try to remind myself that I'm doing this for the glory of God and that it is by His strength not my own that this trip will be pulled off.

No comments:

Post a Comment