Friday, January 15, 2010

A New Beginning

So it seems like everyone has started a blog recently and I've enjoyed following them. Then today I read Marla's theology journal and I was encouraging her to start a blog when I thought I should just make one for myself too. So here it goes.

I graduated college and now I'm in the working world. Joy right? Well, yes and no. I am so happy to be back working at camp because building relationships with junior high kids and watching them grow up is definitely my passion. But on the flip side, I'm not in San Diego with my best friend and that is the hardest thing in the world. It hasn't even been a full week and I miss her like crazy. We talk on skype every day - multiple times - and we text but it cannot compare to just being in her presence. She is going through hell right now and I wish I could be there to give her a hug, but all I can do is rely on my God to wrap His arms around her and pray that she finds a light. It's a new beginning - starting this semester apart from each other...

I've titled this blog On Wings Like Eagles taken from the Isaiah 40 passage because these past few weeks I have been relying whole-heartedly on the strength of Lord, not my own. And of course He has provided for me. Because of Him I am soaring high on wings like eagles and I'm praying that I'd stay like that and that Marla too would be renewed and fly high on wings like eagles.

No comments:

Post a Comment